Rinc Sergej <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 09:51:18 +0100
  Hi to all,

  I couldn't manage to create an autoresponder with LISTSERV 1.8d on
Windows NT. I've tried:

- instructions in manual (section 7.13.7 in Site Manager's Operations
Manual)
        They don't work! I've received rejected postings reply.

- copying list configuration from "AUTORESPONDER Auto-responder" section
in Library of list header templates
(http://demo.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-demo.exe?TPLED2=SITE&a=LIST-LIBRARY&W=
1&X=*DEMO-NOBODY&[log in to unmask])
        This gives rejections for some autoresponder lists for posting
empty (no subject) messages to the list for all who send a usual blank
message e.g.
"LISTSERV does not allow the distribution of empty messages to a mailing
list, because some users  are unable to see the "Subject:"  field from
the original message."

  Of course I've created list template file(s) with POSTACK1 response.
It's strange that lists with the same configuration are either working
or are giving the above message (and POSTACK1 response is nearly the
same for them, with same number of empty lines at the top of message
body - I guess these empty lines could be a problem?).

  Since browsing LSTOWN-L archives haven't given me any more clue would
anyone summarize working autoresponder list configuration and some
tips&tricks (because they are obviously needed). Thanks,

Sergej Rinc
system engineer IT, SKB Banka d.d.
sergej.rinc at skb.si
http://www.skb.si