Mark Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 17:53:43 -0700
Actually to my knowledge there is no digest command for majordomo lists
which can be set by either users or list owners.  Majordomo requires two
separate lists (one regular and one digestified) to offer both.  IMHO
this is the biggest drawback of Majordomo at this point.

I currently administrate a list using majordomo which is a size positive
discussion list for larger persons and their supporters which gets about
500 messages per month.  I had many on the list request a digest, and so I
looked into it and discovered that I would have to, in effect, start up a
second list just for the digest subscribers.  I didn't really want to do
this, and now I am looking for a site which might be interested in hosting
this list as a LISTSERV.  If anyone is interested, or knows of someone
who might, I know the subscribers would be very happy to have the added
features of LISTSERV.  We could still have our own people administrate it.

Also, just FYI there are a couple of Majordomo lists for users and admins
of Majordomo at Great Circle.  To get a listing, send email to:

In the body of the message put: lists

If you send mail to the same address with "help" in the body, you will get
the user commands for majordomo.

Regards, Mark

--
Mark Anderson   [log in to unmask]