Mary Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 27 May 2001 03:44:24 -0500
>All listowners are paid, one way or another.  The ones who don't think
>the pay is adequate quit (shut down the list, hand it over to someone
>else, abandon it (orphan lists) . . .  But, yes, Mary, some people are
>paid cash money to be listowners (of course they often also have to be
>host site administrators and I am sure the better ones are worth what
>they are paid).  They don't get to pick the lists they work on, though,
>and, personally, no one could pay me enough to run my lists.  Douglas

Excellent point, Doug, although sometimes I think running a list I
didn't care about might be easier. Since my only pay is the
satisfaction of seeing it work well, there is a lot of emotion tied
up in it. There wouldn't be the emotional involvement in a list that
I was running for someone else. But...when I think of having to read
all those messages to check for flames, I don't want to do it. I
wouldn't mind being technical help for new list owners though.

Mary