Barry Deutsch <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 11:51:28 -0700
Thanks for the quick response to my original question.

Here is the more specific form of my question regarding editing the mail
template file:

In the mail template there is a section called signup. It uses a few
different variables: &LISTNAME, &TITLE, &LISTADDR, and &MYNAMES.

&LISTADDR appears to pull the formal list address for where messages to the
list should be posted ([log in to unmask]). I wish to change
all occurences in the template file to [log in to unmask], which
is the alias I want people to see). Does this default variable pull it's
input from the listname in the header of the list (i.e., the "List-address="
line).

My second question is: can I alter the original value that is used for
&MYNAMES, which appears to the listserv address on the host, i.e,
[log in to unmask] I wish to change all occurences in the
template file of that address variable to [log in to unmask] (the
alias I want people to see).

Any suggestions on changing the original value which is used in the
variables in the template file. I would rather use the variable approach
than hard coding the alias for the posting address and the command address.

Barry