Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 6 May 1999 09:24:53 -0400
(Follow-up, if needed, via lstown-l, not lstsrv-l).

I believe that the list headers SENDER= and REPLY-TO= will assist you.

Furthermore, I have found that the following keywords might also be of
value in a "group" ownership configuration:

* SEND= PRIVATE
* OWNER= primary_owner_rfc822_address,(listname)
* NOTEBOOK= (as appropriate)

NB-- the parens around (listname) are required

The "beauty" of such an arrangement is that one owner/subscriber can
alter the distribution options (or even subscribe/unsubscribe) of
another, ESPECIALLY when one owner is not available e.g., vacations,
other business, etc.  (Of course this assumes "trust" among the owners,
but that should not be a stretch within the context of the purpose of
that list.)

The archives provide the history, or allow one to "catch-up" to current
events or previous answers.

SET listname NOMAIL FOR unavilable_owner@host
SET listname MAIL
S * IN listname since TODAY-3

/Pete

At 23:09 05/05/1999 Wednesday -0400, you wrote:
|Our Internet user support team wants to change its method of handling
|distribution of user queries and responses.  Currently, mail addressed to
[log in to unmask] is sent to the team members via a .forward file.  The
|main reason we thought to switch to a LISTSERV list is so we can archive
|the traffic in one location for members of the team to search for the great
|answer one of us gave two months ago to the same question and use it again.
|
|The person who runs our LISTSERV setup is not able to answer my questions
|so I'm turning to this group.  I thank you for any help you can give me.
|
|Some more background on what we want to do:
|
|We would only subscribe the team members to the list.  We'd like the mail
|coming to [log in to unmask] to go to the list.  We also would like replies
|we send to go the original non-subscriber sender AND to the other team
|members.  We also want a FROM: of [log in to unmask]
|
|Can LISTSERV do these things together?  From reading the online manuals
|today, the Reply-To seemed to be an either/or set to List or Sender not
|both, and CC: seemed to be in templates and not the usual traffic.

|Alta Oben
|VA Vice President, Internet Services Director and
|MetroMUG (Multimedia) SIG Chair, Capital PC User Group
|http://cpcug.org/user/multimedia

End Reply