Nick Laflamme <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Jun 1994 16:27:51 EST
On Thu, 2 Jun 1994 16:02:29 CDT Bill Hunter said:
>Hello, I am a new list owner and am having problems setting the 'reply-to'
>keyword in the list header.  "My" list is actually a redistribution of a list
>at a u*ix site.  By default, people on "my" list get the 'digest' option set.
>The reason for my list is that the "software" at the originating u*ix site
>does not have the ability to distribute the mail in digest format.
>
>It looks like "Reply-to= [log in to unmask],Ignore" is what I want.  What I'm
>finding is that if I have someone subscribed in digest format (set xyz digest)
>then the 'reply-to' in the list header is ignored and the 'reply-to' field
>in the distributed DIGEST is set as "Reply-to: [log in to unmask]".  If the
>user is not in digest format (set xyz mail) then the 'reply-to' field in
>the distributed MAIL is set as specified in the list's 'reply-to' header
>entry.

Don't raise the bridge, lower the water, or, there are more ways to skin
a cat!

How about Send=Editor, [log in to unmask]

You could add more editors if necessary, but this routes anything sent to
the BITNET list to the right place and simplifies the Reply-To problem.

(I'm not commenting on the general issue of how Reply-To should be set on
Digests, I'm just commenting on redistributing mail from another list.)

Nick

* 1994 VM Workshop: June 7-11, spaces still available!
* ---
* Intelligence demands reasons, not rules.