"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:41:15 -0400
In a message dated 10/21/97 1:24:56 Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I've written before about this problem. This "person"'s access to
>  usenet was removed by aol for some time, (a matter of days) and then was
>  apparently restored. I again complained when she again posted to
>  the newsgroup which my list gates. (No, the post was not about
>  me.) When I complained, (s)he disappeared again. Now (s)he is back.
>  No, (s)he is not posting about me, but (s)he is back.

Maureen,

I'm sorry to hear that you've again been harassed by "roserut". AOL's USENET
policy is that for a 'first offence' if the member writes to us, acknowledges
their abuse and promises to never do so again, we reactivate their access.
Clearly their promise isn't worth the electrons it was printed on.

If you would be kind enough to forward me the harassing mail you received, or
let me know what date you sent it to [log in to unmask], I'll make sure they don't
have the means to harass you from here again.

--David O'Donnell
  AOL