"Peter M. Weiss +1 814 863 1843" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Oct 1993 07:16:00 EDT
>I've noticed that some universities have set up NETNEWS servers
>where I guess the mail is availiable to the students who have
>access to a certain newsreader. Would it be possible for my
>members to TELNET to those uiversities and read the news?
>Is there some other way I can set this where I can make it
>availiable on a newsreader but not be on Usenet?

Technically, one can gateway a list either to a local NETNEWS group
i.e., no redistribution to other NETNEWS hosts, or with appropriate
coordination following established procedures, create a global NETNEWS
gateway into a BIT.LISTSERV.list group.

/Pete ([log in to unmask])
--
Peter M. Weiss         "The 'NET' never naps"             +1 814 863 1843
31 Shields Bldg. -- Penn State Univ -- University Park, PA USA 16802-1202