LettProctor <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 07:51:06 -0400
        Sue,
        Thanks for responding, but  that wasn't my problem.  I'm using the
same email program that I've used since I set up the list last March (Eudora
Lite).  I had recently made a change in the header to handle errors
differently and this problem began after that.  I don't know what caused the
problem, but I finally just established a new password so that I could get
the header and changed Validate to Yes, Confirm. from simply Yes  (I don't
remember changing this when I made the error handling change; it had
previously been Yes, Confirm-- but there it was!)   In any event, the list
is now operating the way it had been before the error-handling change.

Thanks, Ben for the tip!

Lett Proctor

>This is not hard to understand.  The email program that you are using
>does not support your list.  Change your email browsers until you find one
>that does support your list.  Are you using the Netscape browser?
>If so, the Nestcape browser doesn't support mailing list commands.
>But there are many browsers that will support your list.  Microsoft and
>Spry are two of time.  So will Pine and Elm.
>
>Sue
>

>> I hope someone can help with the following problem.  I have not been able to
>> ADD or DEL subscribers for several days and have not received any response
>> from the good folks at lsoft.
>>
>> >   In the last two days, whenever I attempt to add or delete a
>> >subscriber, I have begun receiving a message that password validation is
>> >required when these processes are attempted from a remote location.  What's
>> >up?  I'm doing it the same way from the same place as always and, even when
>> >I resend the request with a PW= <password>, the command is still not
>> >processed.   The error message is below.
>> >
>> >I'd appreciate your help!

RESET"