Bill Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 May 2003 15:23:10 -0400
For background on how a virus could do this, check your favorite antivirus
vendor's site for information on Klez.  It will pick a name from the
address book on the infected machine and use that as the RFC822 "From:."
It then sends to every other entry in the address book.

You'll need to look at the logs to see where the message came from.  If
you have something like a mail relay that shows the RFC821 "Mail From:"
value, that will be the infected user.  If not, the best you can do is get
the IP address that it came from.

---

Inanimate objects rock with glee
as they conspire to baffle me.  - Ogden Nash

William Brown
Email/Internet Services
Erie 1 BOCES
(716)821-7285

Wes Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: LISTSERV list owners' forum <[log in to unmask]>
05/20/2003 03:07 PM
Please respond to LISTSERV list owners' forum