John Witherspoon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 21 May 1996 17:44:29 EDT
Dear Fellow Owners,

Why would I, as an owner of list shotimes-l, get the following
"Command Confirmation Request" from my server?  I send these
messages by the hundreds and have only gotten this a couple times.

I am on the same node as the list is, and once I issued the OK as
requested, the command sailed through.

-- John Witherspoon

Your command:

                    del shotimes-l [log in to unmask]

has been received. For security reasons, you are now required to reply to
this  message, as  explained  below,  to confirm  the  execution of  your
command. Note  that the security  level of the  list is under  list owner
control,  and that  is the  person  you should  contact if  you have  any
complaint about security procedures.

To confirm  the execution of  your command,  simply reply to  the present
message and type  "ok" (without the quotes) as the  text of your message.
Just the word "ok" - do not  retype the command. This procedure will work
with any mail  program that fully conforms to the  Internet standards for
electronic  mail. If  you receive  an error  message, try  sending a  new
message to  [log in to unmask] (without  using the "reply"  function -
this is very important) and type "ok 292333" as the text of your message.

Finally,  your command  will be  cancelled  automatically if  you do  not
confirm it  within 48h. After that  time, you must start  over and resend
the command to get  a new confirmation code. If you  change your mind and
decide that  you do NOT want  to confirm the command,  simply discard the
present message and let the command expire on its own.