Volunteers in Technical Assistance <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 4 Jun 1992 15:22:00 EST
Friends,

I suppose every List Owner would like to reduce the numbers of
seemingly unneeded Notices. Today I found 90 new messages waiting for
me, of which 75 were in this category. With very few exceptions, the
notices concerned messages sent days ago to List subscribers whom,
more recently, I had changed to NOMAIL.  Here is an extract from one
of the messages:
<extract starts>

Your message could not be delivered to:

Your message has been enqueued and undeliverable for 6 days.

The mail system will continue to try to deliver your message
for an additional 6 days.

The beginning of your message follows:

(PMDF #12666) id <[log in to unmask]>; Thu, 28 May 1992 21:01 GMT+1
<extract ends>

So, friends, it seems that I must continue to receive error messages
-- quite long ones, in some cases, for another 6 days; unless I can
find a way to shut them off. Ideas, anyone?  Thank you.

-Rafe-

R.R. Ronkin, VITA Volunteer
Volunteers in Technical Assistance
<vita@gmuvax> or <[log in to unmask]>