Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:48:14 -0500
If you want to make a temporary change to a list configuration, simply
change the equal sign to a colon (or another character of your choice),
then insert a new statement with the temporary settings. When you are
ready to restore the list to its original configuration, delete the
temporary statement and change the colon back to an equal sign. This
eliminates the need to "remember the previous setting". I manage a
server with over 4,300 lists, and this works for me. YMMV.

--
Paul Russell
Senior System Administrator