Tue, 22 May 2012 11:04:35 -0400
A different question from your usual nuts-and-bolts queries:

Ever since I got on the Internet in 1990, I've always subscribed to a lot of
email lists.  At the beginning, nearly all of them were Listserv lists (before
L-Soft got into the picture).

Over the past 3 years or so, I've noticed that a number of long-standing email
lists are switching away from Listserv to other platforms -- presumably because
they're cheaper.  I can understand an organization's desire to keep costs down
- but Listserv is miles ahead of all the other packages I've come across.

Are the powers-that-be at L-Soft concerned about this?

   Listowner: OPERA-L ; SMT-TALK ; SMT-ANNOUNCE ; SoundForge-users