Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 May 1998 23:04:05 -0600
On Wed, 27 May 1998 20:14:00 -0400, Bob Kosovsky <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I offer a suggestion.  Since the topic of holding and freeing lists is in
>the air, I would like to ask whether it is desirable or feasible to create
>a mechanism that automatically frees a list on a daily basis.

For Daily-threshold holds this might work.  A script to process this could even
be written (an exercise for the student...)

However, there are a number of other reasons for a list to go on hold that
require manual intervention/correction (e.g. exceeding directory quotas, file
system errors, etc) before the list is released or freed so a general purpose
Free command might not work as expected.

List Owners who go on vacation need assistant Owners to cover their off-time.