Wed, 12 Aug 1998 20:23:58 -0500
> Can a subscriber who is set to nomail still get the archives??

Yes, unless you have the Notebooks set Owner.  NOMAIL applies only
to current list mail being currently distributed by the list.  Has
no bering on anything else.

> How do I set it to Private?? Would this prevent a person who is nomail
> from getting them?

Second querstion first, no.  The person has to be subscribed to be set
NOMAIL and Private simply means only subscribers can search the archives.
To set Private for the archives look at your list header, the
Notebooks keyword.  You should have a specification, probably at the
end, that is Public, Private  or Owner.  Just change it to what you
want, but be VERY careful you touch nothing else in that line as if
you muck up the rest you won't have archives (well, you can change
size and periodicity but be really sure of what you are doing, if
in doubt ask your listserv administrator to do it for you).

Why do you want to keep someone on the list set, I assume, perpetually to
NOMAIL?  why not just delete the subscription?

Douglas