"Glenn A. Malling" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 15:42:46 -0500
> Now, I'd like to search these library files based on specified criteria
> much like I can do for my list database.  Is this possible and if so,
> how is it done?

There *was* a way.  I remember a document and possibly some code
written by Sylvia Giordano? and stored on one of the European
LISTSERVs that described how to build a database, store it on
LISTSERV so that it was searchable with the LISTSERV database
searching facilities just like the archive logs of a list.

I kept those files around until the down-sizers got rid of our
VM system.  Maybe someone else remembers where those files were
and whether or not they would still work with the current VM
LISTSERV.

-----
Glenn A. Malling <[log in to unmask]>
Syracuse University Computing Services   +1 (315) 443-4111
220 Machinery Hall  Syracuse, New York 13244-1260

Postmaster for SUnix and LISTSERV.