"Paul M. Karagianis" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 13:38:37 EST
We had a minor failure last night that left us with about 1500 spool
files for Listserv when I restarted him this morning.  I was looking at
the times at the top of the queue trying to see at what rate he was
catching up and noticed that Listserv doesn't seem to do the files FIFO.
For a couple of hours he was doing something that had almost no impact
on my SMTP/LSMTP engines.  Now it looks like it's combing the spool by
LIST, and so far in alphabetical order.  LSMTP did 15K in the first four
hours, and has suddenly woken up and done 6K in 12 minutes.  My mainframe
engines are, natch, going down the tubes.  What's the sequence, and why?
                                                 -Kary