Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:31:56 -0500
Your "twice through the server" rule may work well for your list, but
it cannot be applied on a site-wide basis, because it will break every
moderated list on the server. Your list may be configured to allow
subscribers - or even non-subscribers - to post freely, but any server
hosting more than a handful of lists will almost certainly have at
least one list which is configured to require editor approval for at
least some postings, and any posting which goes through the approval
process will have headers which make it appear that the message passed
through the server twice.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator