Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Oct 2015 17:40:04 -0600
On Tue, 13 Oct 2015 16:36:20 +0000, Matthew Black <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Is there a way to force LISTSERV to create a new Message-ID header on selected lists?

No.  The Message-ID header is normally generated by the email program in
which the message was created/composed and sent to the list.

>This is important for our organization because Exchange drops messages to recipients carrying a duplicate message ID.

Gmail does this too.

>For giant announcement lists we like to send a preview copy to certain users and after moderating the message for release, the person who received a preview does not get the released copy.

How are you creating/generating the message?  If you change the message
content (even slightly) then there should be a new Message-ID header and
this shouldn't be a problem.  If the content is not changed, then the
release version and the preview version are identical and it doesn't matter
if they don't get the release version.