Les Moskowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:49:05 -0500
I received a message from a subscriber asking why he can't access my
mailing list.  The problem was one in which there is a slight change
in his e-mail address.  He has had the problem with the following
three addresses:

The user name has been changed - the computer system has not.

I gave him a standard answer that the listserv software doesn't
recognize these three addresses as related, but felt foolish doing so.
I haven't received a response from him yet, but if I got such an
explanation, my reaction would be "why not?"

If both "johndoe" and the "ix.netcom.com" are identical in all three
addresses, is there any situation in which they might be different people?

                                              Les