Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 26 Apr 1992 12:51:43 +0200
On Sat, 25  Apr 1992 13:56:49 CDT  Natalie Maynor <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>All I  know about  our bitnet  link is  that it  somehow rides  upon our
>internet link but  that the internet link stays up  when the bitnet link
>is dead. That probably has to do with human neglect of the bitnet link.

So  you were  only pointing  out the  very surprising  fact that,  if you
happen to work at  a site where the BITNET link is  neglected and ends up
being  dead for  long  periods of  time,  you are  better  off using  the
Internet because using a  link that is not down for  long periods of time
can improve turnaround  time a lot. Thank you for  this very useful piece
of information, and my apologies for  having misunderstood it and got the
incorrect  impression that  you were  blaming BITNET  and/or saying  that
using Internet rather than BITNET for LISTSERV was the right thing to do.

  Eric