Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:58:02 -0800
On 29 Nov 99, at 0:43, Winship  wrote:

> Read it again, Liz, it does not say that.  It says addresses listed
> *explicitly* in the Editor= will override REVIEW.  You have to put
> *that* address in the  Editor= line.  If it is merely an address
> subsumed in ,(listname) it will not override REVIEW.

Then that brings me back to my original question -- how in tarnation did
those message get to the list when none of the listowners were
approving them?  (we were all seeing them)  Here are the list settings:

* Subscription= Open,Confirm
* Send= Editor,Hold
* Notify= No
* Reply-to= Sender,Ignore
* Files= No
* Validate= No
* Ack= No
* Auto-Delete= Yes,Semi-Auto,Delay(3),Max(10)
* Review= Owners
* Stats= Normal
* daily-threshold= 500
* Digest=Yes,same,Monthly,,Size(600)
* Sizelim= 200
* Notebook= No
* Default-options= shortb,repro,nomime
* Renewal= 3-Monthly,probe
* Loopcheck= None
* .hh on
* Errors-to= [log in to unmask] (Liz)
* Editor= [log in to unmask],(FIBROM-L)
* Moderator= ALL,[log in to unmask] (Liz)
* Moderator= [log in to unmask] (Joyce)
* Moderator= [log in to unmask] (Rene)
* Moderator= [log in to unmask] (Chip)
<rest snipped as nonessential>

***** Here is what her settings were:

Subscription options for Donna Christiansen
<[log in to unmask]>, list FIBROM-L:

MAIL           You are sent individual postings as they are received
SHORTHDR       Short mail headers with only "human friendly" fields
REPRO          You receive a copy of your own postings
NOACK          No acknowledgement of successfully processed postings
REVIEW         Your postings are forwarded to the list owner for approval

***** And to make sure, I sent the following command:

> quiet set fibrom-l noeditor for [log in to unmask]
FIBROM-L: specified options already in effect for

***** Here is the header from a post that went through:

This message was originally submitted by
[log in to unmask] to the FIBROM-L list at
MITVMA.MIT.EDU. You can  approve it using the "OK" mechanism,
ignore it, or repost an edited copy. The message will expire
automatically and you do not need to do anything if you just want to
discard it. Please refer to the list owner's guide if you are  not familiar
with the "OK" mechanism; these instructions  are  being  kept
purposefully short  for  your  convenience  in processing large numbers
of messages.

----------------- Original message (ID=6846CB6D) (36 lines) -------------------
MITVMA.MIT.EDU (LMail V1.2c/1. 8c)
with BSMTP id 5445; Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:48:08 -0500 Received: from
mtiwmhc02.worldnet.att.net [204.127.131.37] by mitvma.mit.edu (IB M
VM SMTP V2R4a)
via TCP with SMTP ; Sat, 27 Nov 1999 11:48:07 EST X-Comment:
mitvma.mit.edu: Mail was
sent by mtiwmhc02.worldnet.att.net Received: from donna
([12.72.163.28]) by
mtiwmhc02.worldnet.att.net
          (InterMail v03.02.07.07 118-134) with ESMTP
          id <19991127164801.QYWS1865@donna>;
          Sat, 27 Nov 1999 16:48:01 +0000
From: "donna christiansen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TOPIC;SUP  Pat's 'FIBRO' Page
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:45:21 -0800

***** We finally tossed her off the list because she was repeatedly
spamming other people on the list.  Just little things, but she refused to
quit when asked to.

Liz Marr

(footnote -- my spell checker says that the server spells
"acknowledgement" incorrectly, it should not have an "e" after the "g")