Tue, 12 Aug 1997 22:28:26 -0400
Can someone tell me what error MS Exchange servers are generating that
the error monitoring process doesn't recognize as "valid" errors to
monitor? Seems none of the Exchange errors get onto the monitor list and
instead all get sent by listserv as "error report from ..." (maybe some
are and I'm just not noticing them as Exchange servers)

If there is something that Exchange should be doing, that it isn't, I
might be in a position to get it fixed. Alternatively, is Exchange using
something that is permitted but not being picked up by the error
monitor?

Just curious why some of my "error report from ..." messages appear to
contain information that users don't exist, etc... which I would have
thought would be picked up in the error monitor routines. Same is true
of other mail systems as well, putting information in the error messages
stating that a user doesn't exist but not being recognized by the error
monitor.

Forgive my ignorance, and no flames please, I just want to
understand...;-]

Cheers,
Russ
R.C. Consulting, Inc. - NT/Internet Security
owner of the NTBugTraq mailing list: http://www.ntbugtraq.com