Barbara Passmore <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:10:25 -0400
I got no answer after Pete Weiss gave me the syntax on the JPEG use.   Let
me go a little further and say that heretofore, these have been my
protections from viruses and after two years my list has not had one, so I
consider them trustworthy in avoiding viruses:

Language=noHTML
Attachments=No
Sizlim=210    (someone asked for a 10 line increase to allow for the header)

To be able to send  images, I have now tried:

Language=noHTML
Attachments=Images
Sizlim=210

Obviously, the application referred to in the manual must be included as the
post sent with these keywords  was rejected on the grounds that there was a
JPEG attached and it was not allowed by the listowner.  I then changed the
keywords to specify the type of format or application as I believe it is
called in the manual (apparently just plain "images" won't do):

Language=noHTML
Attachments=Images/jpeg
Sizlim=210

Then it passed the images test and was rejected because the size with a 55K
JPEG exceeded the limit of 210 lines.

If I now delete the sizlim altogether, will the Attachments=Images/jpeg be
strong enough to allow .jpg photos only, and not viruses?  I am pretty sure
now that if I delete the size limit, the picture will be allowed.  I don't
know however, how safe it is to rely on Attachments=Images/jpeg only.

Can anyone take a chance and answer this?

Barbara Passmore