Laura Kraly <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:19:42 -0500
My question is regarding a Private List where only List Owners can
subscribe users and only subscribers can post to the List.

If a non-subscriber tries to subscribe or to post to the List they get a
message back saying what the error is and who to contact if they have
questions. Now, in the message it says to contact the List Owner at
[log in to unmask] (filled in with my “Listname” dash “the
word ‘Request’” @ myhost.com). My problem is that this e-mail address is
not valid and if I try to send to that address I get back an undeliverable
message.

I tried to change the configuration file so that errors go to my e-mail
address specifically (‘Errors-to= [log in to unmask]’as opposed
to ‘Errors-to= Owner’), but that doesn’t make a difference. I know that I
could manually change the templates where it currently reads “&OWNERS” but
I don’t want to have to do for each List.

Does anyone know if there is a setting where I can specify an e-mail
address for the [log in to unmask] so that it will be valid?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Laura