Charles Oriez <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Oct 2004 10:25:08 -0600
What do I change in the configuration so that messages from non subscribers
automatically bounce rather than go as errors to the owner mailbox when the
sending domain is both not a subscriber and listed in our sitewide filter
entry as barred from ever subscribing?

We have a couple of domains that spew incessant 419 scam spams without letup.

Now, the owner gets the junk mail with the message:

The enclosed  message, found in  the WHATEVER  mailbox and shown  under the
spool ID 1602006 in the system log, has been identified as a possible delivery
error notice for the following reason:  mail origin is listed in the "Filter="
list header keyword (or its default value for the WHATEVER list).

Relevant parts of current list configuration afaik:

  subscription= Open,confirm
  review= Owners
  Send= Private
  Notify= No
  Reply-to= List,Respect
  Sender= List
  Validate= No
  Errors-To= Owner
  Mail-via= Direct

tia

--
[log in to unmask] 39  34' 34.4"N / 105 00' 06.3"W
"The major difference about 'targeted marketing' on the Internet is the