Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:45:35 -0600
From: "Wayne T Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 10:20 AM

> Given the wide variety of reasons a subscriber might set an address to
> NOMAIL, I see no good way to separate the wheat from the chaff!   So I
> remain very happy using passive probing and ignoring my NOMAIL
> subscriptions.

I guess I wanted to deal with all out-of-date subscriptions (including the
NOMAIL cases) because the manual and the message content led to believe that
the renewal probes should yield error detection. Maybe revising my
expectations is my best approach.

Does that mean I should use
     Auto-Delete= Probe(some number N)
coupled with
     Renewal= Probe
to avoid the requirement of a response? As I understand it, the Auto-Delete=
passive probing only operates on subscriptions that are subject to renewal.

Obviously, if the message doesn't actually detect any errors, I need to
rewrite my PROBE1 template to reflect what's happening (or what I want the
subscribers to understand is happening).

Hal