Vicki Rummig <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Aug 1996 18:34:53 -0700
At 04:54 PM 8/1/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Sigh.  Running a mailing list is work.  If you don't want to work, don't
>run a mailing list.  Expecting AOL to figure out what mailing lists their
>subscribers sign up for and automagically sign off from them when said
>subscribers leave, or go on vacation, or whatever, isn't reasonable.

>Lefty [gYon-Pa] ([log in to unmask])

I too have noticed that AOL and Compuserve seem to have disportionate
bounces.  The "unknown user" I don't feel is a big deal, but I would like to
see both services expand the space in the private mailboxes.  If a member is
away for two days I start getting bounces, this ridiculous.   I set both
groups subscription to "digest" the second I see a full mailbox message, but
still have an unruly amount of bounces from these services.

My $0.02
Vicki M. Rummig
http://www.wolfenet.com/~vrummig