Barry Deutsch <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 07:45:55 -0700
I have been following this thread on Reply-To: and I am a little confused. I
have set my "Reply-To:" to "[log in to unmask],Respect" (the
address is an alias on my web site that forwards the message to the listserv
at [log in to unmask]

The result I get when I reply to a message from the list is the name of the
alias above in my send-to field. This is the effect I want. However, I
thought the respect option overwrote the first part if the original message
came from a specific userid. I also thought the ignore option preserved the
address in front of the comma so that anyone replying to a message generated
by the list would automatically see the "[log in to unmask]" in
their send field, regardless of what e-mail package they were using. I tried
the above test with the option of Ignore and ended up getting my specific
userid in the send field. This seems to be the opposite of how I read this
should work in the manual. My goal is to have all messages come back to the
list vs. the person who originally wrote the message.

Also, are there any circumstances under which the subscriber will not
automatically see the list address in their send field when replying to a
list generated message?

Could someone please educate me on this one.

Thanks.

Barry