Eric Paul-Hus <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 11:35:26 -0800
Bon Matin all,

Let's see if I can avoid making an ass out of me today ;-)

I have one user that have this error several times a day:
> ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> "|/usr/local/bin/procmail #user" (expanded from: <[log in to unmask]>)
>
> ----- Transcript of session follows -----
> Memory fault - core dumped
> 554 "|/usr/local/bin/procmail #user"... unknown mailer error 139

The UNIX guru overthere said that something in the headers of certain
message (like the 3 -liners received: with timestamp, host, software
version and for-user) may cause those crashes.

I suggested that user to change to IETFHDR in case the "Internet Style
Header" are more suited to BSD UNIX mail-host...

1) Am I on the right track
2) What are the difference between FULL822 and IETFHDR (I did try
recently to set my INDEX account to IETFHDR but viewing via Netscape
mail View Source, nothing striked me as "different", but then every
knows what are my observations skills lately :-)

PS I figured that the 554 standed for
5 Fatal
5 Destinee host (since all other sub'ers received the without problem)
4 Software/protocol incompatibility ... As the length of header and
headers line surprised the "procmail" UNIXer ...

--
Eric Paul-Hus ---->   mailto:[log in to unmask]
HTML Writers Guild Member since July '96 (CyberApprentice)

Mantre de poste binivole http://www.login.net/festival/blues Volunteer
postmaster
Festival de Blues de Drummondville: [log in to unmask]

Un drtle(*) de Quibicois errant sur la toile de l'Universiti de la
vie...
(*):Drtle dans le sens d'itrange pas de comique!

Pensie: Ceux qui peuvent le FONT, ceux qui ne peuvent pas L'ENSEIGNENT!
Tought: Those who know DO ; those who can't DO TEACH - Sagesse Internet
Savvy