Betty Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 18:10:10 -0500
Hiya,

I'd written:

and Francoise wrote:
>Owner is separate from Editor. Mail sent for review will be sent
>either to the first Editor, or to the Moderator(s) if the Moderator
>keyword is defined.

but I haven't included either a moderator or an editor keyword
in my current list header... Only the default-options=review
is set, and I *am* receiving the posts from new subscribers
for approval (I joined under a different account and tested it
after putting the new header and receiving the confirmation that
the put was accepted).
It looks to me like it defaults to sending the posts to the
first owner for approval if the editor and moderator keywords
are not defined in the header. and if that's the case is there
a reason it would be better to include either the editor or
moderator keywords in the list header?

>Send= Editor
>Editor= [log in to unmask],(LISTNAME)
>is essentially the equivalent of just setting all subscribers to
>EDITOR, but in the case of setting everybody to EDITOR, you're making
>an exception of everyone except those on review, whereas with the
>above, the ones on REVIEW are the exceptions. It's a case of what is
>easier to maintain and less easy to make mistakes with, as a human
>administrator.
ahhhh ok.  That makes sense.   Thanks. :)

Out for now,
Betty