Randy McCall <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 10:39:20 +0000
Date sent:        Sat, 26 Oct 1996 10:26:59 -0700
From:             Randy McCall <[log in to unmask]>
To:               [log in to unmask]
Subject:          Form posted from Mozilla

Forgive this blanket post, but I accidentally erased the message from
the person who was looking for a way to subscribe people to a list
directly from the Web.  I directed them to look at my webpage for an
example of what I had done for this;  this is an extremely complex
example of what can be done.

A much simpler coding would is this example (where *****-l would be
the name of your list and the address inside the
FORM ACTION="mailto:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" is your own e-mail address):

information and press "submit"</h3>
<FORM ACTION="mailto:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" METHOD="POST">
SIZE=40></PRE> <p><PRE>Your First Name / Last Name:   <INPUT TYPE=""
NAME="" SIZE=40></PRE> <p><INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit" > <INPUT
TYPE="reset" VALUE="Clear"></p>

</FORM>
---------------------------CUT HERE----------------------------------
This will be confusing as it's broken up by the mailer carriage
return, but every line after the <FORM ACTION... line ends with
</PRE> or </p>

It generates a response (which has "Form posted from Mozilla" in it's
Subject area) that looks like this:

[log in to unmask]&=Randy+McCall

from which you can easily see the person's name and address;  you can
then subscribe them by hand.

Unfortunately, it would require a knowledge of CGI programming to be
able to create a self-subscribing page;  this is beyond both my
talents and what my server will allow.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Randy McCall
http://www.mnsi.net/~rmccall/homepage.html  (Victim-Assistance)