Dan Lester <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:13:03 -0700
At 12:55 PM 11/18/98 -0500, Stan Ryckman wrote:
>Actually, while login usernames are usually case sensitive in UNIX,
>mail addresses are generally not.  Mail delivery agents take care of
>the mapping.  It's been a long time since the mail username had to
>equal the login username.

True enough.  As long as they're set up to do so.  There are always a few
oddballs out there that aren't, and until/unless some RFC requires it, they
won't change.  Heck, some of them won't change even then.

cheers
dan

--
Dan Lester, 3577 East Pecan, Boise, ID 83716-7115 USA 208-383-0165
[log in to unmask]   http://www.84.com/  http://www.idaholibraries.org/