Larry Stephens <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 15 Oct 1995 18:57:24 GMT-0500
Please see below for clarification.

::> I'm using Mercury to service my lists.  It seems to function okay, but...
::>
::> When it sends out a message to subscribers, it adds an Errors_to: line in
::> the header.
::
::how was errors to configured when you set up the list???? should send to
::*your* email address..

It is my email address.  Two problems: I don't seem to be getting the
error messages - and I should; my subscribers keep getting them and, if I
understand correctly, they shouldn't when there is an Errors_to in the
header.

::
::any problems that we have experienced have been primarily due to human
::(my) errors in entering members to the lists ( i frequently close their
::addresses with a dot.  no error upon the add command, but it later finds
::that it cannot mail to that person, or she is not subscribed 'cuz of that
::darn dot is not really part of their address, jsut my flying fingers)

No, my problem is mail bouncing from down addresses.  When there is - say -
an unknown user, I should get that error so I can bounce them.  Instead,
the subscriber (and message originator) is getting the error.

  Larry Stephens  ([log in to unmask])
  400 E. 7th Room 705, Bloomington, IN 47405
  812-855-9758