Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 Jan 1996 10:10:25 EST
On Sat, 20 Jan 1996 00:05:00 +0100 you said:
>When I was sending the followinh command, I got the next line as an answer:
>
>GET VDI-D FILELIST (CTL
>
>---> Filelist "VDI-D" has been locked.
>
>What does that mean? Did I made a mistake in the past, so the FILELIST is
>locked?

You didn't do  anything wrong. It simply means that  the Listserv which hosts
your list  has put a lock  on your filelist so  that only you can  change it.
This way, someone else can't change it  before you send back your copy of the
filelist to the Listserv. This is  what's supposed to happen so that multiple
people can't change the filelist at the same time and mess up the changes the
other  people  were attempting  to  make.  If  you're  the only  person  with
authorization to change the filelist you're  working on, its not an important
thing to worry about though.

Stan Horwitz, Consultant    | Bitnet           | Internet
Temple University           | V4039@TEMPLEVM   | [log in to unmask]

Manager of Help-Net and E-mail postmaster for VM.TEMPLE.EDU and TEMPLEVM