Fri, 24 Jul 1998 01:05:06 -0500
> I am experiencing a new (to me anyway) problem where messages sent to the
> list are generating error messages. These messages are going to the
> originator if the message vice to the list owners. They are all associated
> with one member. I could remove the offending ISP, but I wonder why the
> messages are not going to the list owner as they should be

As no one else has replied on-list I will.  Not your fault, not
LISTSSERV's fault.  The fault lies with the system of the subscriber (it
probably isn't the fault of the subscriber either) sending the errors.
The mail system at the offending site is "busted," it doesn't know how to
read the email headers properly so it sends the error messages to the
wrong address.  You can gripe at the admins of the offending site and
see if it gets results.  Only other option I know of is ax the offending
subscription, or set it digest or index and then it CAN'T send the errors
to your other subscribers.

I have noticed over the years that these don't usually last too long,
the offending site gets enough complaints they do something about it.
If the site admins refuse to do anything tell the subscriber sorry, you
may resub when they get it fixed.

Douglas