Ian Fairclough <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 12:31:31 -0500
Dear LSTOWN-L readers,

I recently became the editor of a LISTSERV list.  All messages submitted are
reviewed, because the list is for notification, not discussion, and we wish
to avoid unwanted postings.  So each time someone other than myself submits
a posting, I get a message which says in part: "If you  simply forward it
[i.e. their message] back  to the list, using a mail command that generates
"Resent-" fields (ask your local user support or consult the documentation
of your mail program if in doubt), it will be  distributed and  the
explanations  you are  now  reading  will be  removed automatically."

Can I do this using Microsoft Outlook?  Right now, all messages have to be
edited to delete the words about approval, etc., and I have to reenter the
list name in the "To" line.  Plus, everything sent out looks like it
originated with me.   Our computer services people say this is a function of
an individual e-mail system, but don't know the specific answer, if there is
one.

Thanks - Ian

Ian Fairclough
Listowner, DEWEYERROR list