Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 13:57:02 -0400
>At 10:55 04/07/1999 Wednesday -0400, you wrote:
>|If you ask me, it's a serious security problem in EUDORA.
>
>Eudora has the "personality" feature that allows an individual to lie,
>regardless of REDIRECT.

Virtually every email client out there has a way to change your return
address, which is what we're talking about here.  I think that the
'personality' feature is useful and different from 'redirect' for various
reasons, the main one being:

It's buried in the settings dialogue and it isn't obvious how to set it up.
This prevents accidental misuse, which is a problem that sometimes happens
with 'redirect' (which people occasionally accidentally hit instead of
'forward').

Anyone can forge email if they want to enough; my main concern is when they
start doing it by accident.

-jwgh