Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:24:57 -0400
"me too"

Actually, we know that people can't / won't read bottom banners, so at
strategic times of the year, we try to pre-empt those on-list useless messages.

Here's one we used on CARR-L.  You'd need to modify it of course.

Date:    Fri, 3 May 2002 05:36:45 -0400
From:    Elliott Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: administrivium -- almost that time of year

Dear Fellow CARR-Lers:

It is getting to be that time of year where some will be leaving for the
summer, changing e-mail addresses, retiring, or hiring new staff.  Please
do your part in keeping the Internet "clean" by unsubscribing (if
appropriate) from your e-mail lists such as CARR-L.  Just click n' send
(no SUBJECT: nor body of text) ...

mailto:[log in to unmask]

If that process does not work for you, then very often it is because you
have had a change of email address (though you continue to receive at the
old), in which case simply email:

mailto:[log in to unmask]

and ask for assistance (let us know if you've had a change of address too).

We hope you'll come back and visit. To subscribe to CARR-L:

mailto:[log in to unmask]

Again, if there are problems subscribing, contact your list-owners:

mailto:[log in to unmask]

giving them a clue as to the difficulty.

/Elliott and Pete