Liz Marr <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 15:45:41 -0800
On 11 Feb 97, Dave Lampson wrote:

> Several of my subscribers use what appears to be a new version of
> Microsoft Mail that creates a MIME-encoded HTML-version of their message
> and attaches it to the plain text.  (It's not even *good* HTML!)  Does
> anyone have step-by-step instructions on how MM should be configured
> to keep this from happening?  Any web sites that discuss this?

That is Microsoft Internet Mail -- a program that I recommend all of my MS
Exchange users to switch to.  To configure (unconfigure) the HTML feature, go
to MAIL, OPTIONS, SEND and look at the bottom of the window, it should say
"Mail sending format" check "plain text" and click on the "settings" button and
make sure that it says "none" under "mime" (a pull-down list)  The Internet
Mail and News programs are free, and a whole lot easier to configure than MS
Exchange.  The even have multiply folder sort feature -- handy for people on
more than one list.

Liz

          Liz & the Terv Herd
  Somewhere on the beautiful Oregon coast