Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:58:17 -0500
Lynne Farrow wrote:

> Thanks Stan but one of the AOL listowners (Gould) still gets the error
> messages. I'm on AOL (Farrow) but I stopped getting error messages as soon as I
> added the newest listowner (Casey).
>
> I'm wondering if there is something in the listserv software that changed as
> soon as I added the newest listowner. Any ideas?

The number of owners on a list does not affect the manner in which the list is
processed by LISTSERV.

The archives of this list and other lists for list and email administrators
contain a plethora of sad tales involving problems delivering mail to AOL user
addresses, and there does not seem to be any apparent pattern to the problems.
Problems appear and disappear in a seemingly random fashion. It is almost
certainly mere coincidence that this problem started when you changed the list
configuration.

Contact AOL customer support and request their assistance to determine why mail
sent to your AOL address is not being delivered. You *ARE* a paying customer. Do
*NOT* volunteer the information that the problem started when you changed the
list configuration, or the help desk droid will likely attempt to blame you or
LISTSERV for the problem. If the issue is unavoidable, advise the droid that the
list configuration has been reviewed by other list owners and LISTSERV system
administrators, who have verified that the list configuration is not the source
of the problem.

You may want to consider getting a free webmail account from one of the many
providers of those services, and adding that address to the list configuration
as an owner address.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator