Patricia Van Name <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 15:23:45 -0400
I'd like to hear about experience anyone has with the Windows NT HPO (High
Performance Option).  Although we will be starting out on a small scale, we
plan to eventually administer some small number of large lists ( with up to
100,000 subscribers), so are thinking of going with the HPO version from the
onset.  I'd like to understand more about this option from other
administrators out there.

Anyone using it on Windows NT?

Any drawbacks, restrictions or additional requirements (e.g. bigger box
required) in general over the classic version?

Any overall benefits of using the HPO version regardless of size of list?

Any negative side effects when using for non-list specific functions, or for
small lists - say, is there more overhead for HPO version slower than with
the classic version for some things?

Does it have a different look or feel?  I understand that it is designed for
large lists, but it's not clear to me if that is that strictly a processing
speed issue, or are there other benefits for the administrator?

Thanks in advance,

Pat
Patricia F. Van Name    Voice:  (302) 773-3024
DuPont Company          External email: [log in to unmask]
1007 Market St.-N1444A
Wilmington, DE 19898