Fri, 12 Sep 1997 19:05:48 -0400
At 06:40 PM 9/12/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Eureka!  After a sleepless night, I was finally able to set up a usenet
>gateway from our LISTSERV mailing list.  But seeing the gateway work took
>away my tiredness.  There is only one minor annoyance in that the messages
>do not always get to the usenet newsgroup in the correct sequence.  By the
>way -- you were right guys -- I avoided American U and looked somewhere
>else.  Thanks.

Yeah, after watching the newsgroup work, not work, and work better than the
mailing list over the past week, I'm firmly convinced that there's a
master's thesis in computer science somewhere in the workings of AU's
mail/news server.

I'm gonna visit there ONE of these days, if I can ever get well long enough
to schedule a trip. (Visions of "hey, what if you turn this 'screw up the
Usenet Gateway' switch to the OFF position?")

Philo
Finger for public key                   [log in to unmask]
Natural Laws have no pity.
      -Lazarus Long