Brian Hartsfield <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 5 Mar 1996 15:03:20 -0500
At 02:49 PM 3/5/96 EST, Bud Houston wrote:
>Mr. Gingrich,
>
>Please be advised that your SPAMming of electronic list communities to which you
>*were not invited* is considered to be the ultimate in boorish obnoxious and
>ill-bred behavior by the community of internet participants.
>
>Do you suppose you are winning friends out here?
>
>If I see another SPAM from you I will see to it that your rude behavior is
>discussed in a *broad* public forum.

If you read the first line of the message it said "thank you for contacting
me through the congress electronic mail service" or something to that
effect.  I think that somebody forged a message to Newt's account so that
the from: or reply-to: fields pointed back here so that we got the
automated bounce reply.

Either that or somebody forged a subscription request for Newt to this
list.

That reply looks too much like a form letter sent automatically.

Brian