Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 19:37:16 -0400
At 13:38 2/1/2006 Wednesday, Pete Weiss responding to his own post, inquired:
>If you have any controls in-place to prevent spam to
>
>OWNER-listname@listhost
>
>(which redirects to list definition keyword operands ERRORS-TO= )
>
>Please let us know.
>
>BTW, I use POP mail so pretty much have to download stuff (though I do
>control for message size).

I've decided to experiment with some of my production/problematic lists.

I am a BLOGLINES (www.bloglines.com) subscriber (a free blog, RSS reader, and notifier of updates thereof).

It has a feature that allows you to create your own [private or public] folders of incoming email.  It generates, based upon some parameters that you specify, some blog specific email addresses.  This then becomes a "blogroll" and can be marked "private" and only viewed by the owner.  These addresses can be the operands of various read-only "role" accounts e.g., ERRORS-TO=

The semantic of the generated email address is something like

I've created same and then added to my list definition keyword that e.g.,

* .HH ON
ERRORS-TO= [log in to unmask]
* .HH OFF

[remember that the address operands of ERRORS-TO= end displaying in ERROR Monitor Reports so your other addressees will see it].

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately) something is filtering spam-like mail to those addresses!

/Pete