Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 07:34:43 -0400
>Doesn't sound right....I'm trusting that like usual this msg comes without
>any "garbage".  It is being sent with WinEudoraPro3.0 with the following
>settings....
>
>"may use quoted printable" checked ON
>Attachments mime encoded checked ON
>Put text attachments in body of msg checked ON
>Word wrap checked ON

"may use quoted printable" checked ON
     Characters above ASCII 127 will be encoded using QP.

"may use quoted printable" checked OFF
     Characters above ASCII 127 will be included in their 8-bit form.

It is my impression that both QP and 8-bit codes are now getting through
to most of my subscribers (except some who are on poorly configured
university accounts).  QP because most new software is compliant, and
8-bit because there are fewer places on the net that strip the high
order bit to fit though a 7-bit path.

Bob
 Robert Ponterio                     | [log in to unmask]
 co-manager of FLTEACH               | State Univ. of New York Cortland
 Foreign Language Teaching Forum     |_________________________________
 http://www.cortland.edu/www/flteach/