Jean Snow <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 15:06:42 EST
On Fri, 30 Jan 1998 11:44:33 -0600 Thomas Wolff said:
>I want to be sure that all subscription requests are completed only within
>the domain "amoco.com". Would I set Service= amoco.com or to some
>variation?  Is there some other means other than manual subscription
>validation, of insuring that only *@*.amoco.com addresses can subscribe?
>Thanks in advance.

Yes, this we do this for some lists. It would be something like:
*  Local= *.amoco.com,amoco.com
*  Service= Local
*  Confidential= Service

The Local keyword will allow subs from xxx.amoco.com or amoco.com.
The confidential tag says this will appear on the list of lists,
but only within the service area.

If an outsider should somehow hear about the list and try to
subscribe, he'll be told: