Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:00:57 -0500
Chad Robinson wrote:

> Ben,
>
> The encoding is not the problem, it's that when a message with an attachment
> is distributed by Listserv, the attachment for some reason gets embedded,
> inserted, whatever, into the body of the message, rather than passing
> through as an attached file.
>
> Chad

Do all subscribers receive the message with the MIME separators and encoded
attachment embedded in the body of the message, or are some subscribers able
to open the attachment as a separate file?

In all cases where I have seen the MIME boundaries and encoded attachments
embedded in the body of the message, the list was configured as a moderated
list and the moderator was forwarding the approval request to the list
address, rather than responding to the approval request in the appropriate
manner (The Infamous OK Mechanism).

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator