Hal Keen <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:08:42 -0600
>... I found two KB articles pertaining to
dropped attachments- one said to not use Word as the email editor, the other
said don't send in plain text. (scout's honor)

Did it say don't send in plain text, or did it say (or really mean) not to
try to use Word's "Plain Text" format?

I tried the latter during my experiments. It turns out that what Word means
by the "Plain Text" format is everything is in the monospaced Courier font
so it LOOKS like their idea of a plain text display. When you mail the
document out of Word, it still has a lot of the redundant HTML-plus-CSS to
try to ensure that nobody's browser is overriding your document format--it's
just enforcing a Courier typed-document appearance instead of the more usual
fonts.

I found no Word option that caused (the real) plaintext to be omittedexcept
, but mine's an older version.

There is one Word option that reduces the pile of junky HTML: it's called
"rely on CSS." That removes some of the redundancies.

Hal Keen